Auction Terms & Conditions First lot starts to end with a soft close starting at 7pm CST on Thursday Februrary 3rd.
Pickup will now be Saturday February 5th and Sunday February 6th from noon-3pm. at 396 Bethel Mine Road in Caseyville, IL. We will provide you with a copy of your invoice.
Due to an increased number of buyers not picking up their items, if you win a lot(s) please plan to pick up your items on the scheduled pick up dates unless you have made other approved arrangements with us. We do not have the ability to store items for extended amounts of time and we do not offer pickup outside of scheduled dates. Any items not picked up on the scheduled pick up dates will be re-sold, donated or disposed of at our discretion per our terms of service policy.
Shipping is available at the buyers expense through Pak Mail of Collinsville Illinois (618) 346-4884. All items that require shipping will be taken to Pak Mail and they will contact you regarding shipping options and payment within 7-10 days of the auction end. After the auction, any questions regarding the shipping of your items should be forwarded to their staff. Please let us know via text or email that you would like your items shipped. It is the buyers responsibility to ensure that it is legal to ship any items purchased to your address. Also, remember that shipping large/heavy items can be very costly. We do not ship any items that are illegal according to USPS, UPS, Fed Ex, or your local, state or Federal regulations. We do not offer shipping on furniture, flammable items, ammunition or firearms in any instance.
AUCTION TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
Jeff Robinson Auctions and Estate Sales, LLC. has made a reasonable effort to describe items correctly, however we do not warrant the correctness of description, signatures, marks, authenticity or condition of said items. Please preview all items carefully and use your own judgment. Final decision on auction block overrides listing. Please contact us for a preview appointment, all items SOLD AS IS, NO RETURNS.
Payments may be made by cash, cashiers check, Visa, Master Card, Discover or American Express. 15% buyer's premium on all items. All sales final, all items sold as is. Vehicle terms: 10% cash down on day of sale with balance due with cash or cashiers check within 2 working days from sale. Personal checks are not accepted.
The highest bidder on a lot shall be the buyer of the lot. The purchase price shall be the sum of: 1) the price at which the item is sold, plus 2) a buyers premium of 15%, plus 3) any shipping costs if applicable.
The purchaser is legally liable to pay for all items purchased.
REGULATION OF BID
The Auctioneer shall regulate the bidding and shall be the sole arbiter of any disputes. We reserve the right to withdraw property at any time before the sale and reject a bid from any bidder.
Jeff Robinson Auctions and Estate Sales, LLC. will not be liable for malfunctions, errors or omissions (hardware, software, electronic, human or otherwise), whether or not due to Jeff Robinson Auctions and Estate Sales, LLCs fault or negligence, resulting in the inaccurate transmittal of bids, the failure to execute bids or any other irregularity.
PAYMENT AND PICKUP
Invoices will be charged to the card used to register and you will receive a "Paid" invoice with pickup instructions. If you would like to pay with cash or cashiers check, please make a note when registering or contact Jeff at 618-882-8888. All items must be removed during the scheduled pickup dates.
RISK OF LOSS
In the event delivery cannot be made because of loss due to fire, theft, or any other reason, Jeff Robinson Auctions and Estate Sales, LLC. shall only be liable for the return of any deposits or payments made by the purchaser. NO WARRANTY ALL ITEMS SOLD "AS IS AND WHERE IS"
Jeff Robinson Auctions and Estate Sales, LLC, ITS AGENTS AND EMPLOYEES, AND THE CONSIGNOR DO NOT WARRANT ANY LOT TO BE MERCHANTABLE OR TO BE SUITED FOR ANY PURPOSE AND THEY DO NOT ASSUME ANY RISK, LIABILITY OR RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY PERSON AS TO AUTHENTICITY, GENUINENESS, CULTURE, SOURCE, ORIGIN, ATTRIBUTION, PERIOD, PURPOSE OR MEASUREMENTS OF ANY LOT. THESE CONDITIONS MAY NOT BE ALTERED OR MODIFIED EXCEPT BY AN INSTRUMENT IN WRITING, SIGNED BY AUCTIONEER AND BUYER.
1. Lots Sold to The Highest Bidder: The highest bidder acknowledged by the auctioneer shall be the buyer. The auctioneer has the right to reject any bid, to advance the bidding at his or her absolute discretion and, in the event of any dispute between bidders or any other issue with respect to the highest bidder, to determine the successful bidder, to continue the bidding or to re-offer and resell the lot in question. In the event of any dispute after the sale, Jeff Robinson Auctions and Estate Sales, LLC., an Illinois Corporation (hereinafter referred to as, Jeff Robinson Auctions and Estate Sales, LLC.), record of final sale shall be conclusive.
2. Lots are Sold AS IS. ALL PROPERTY IS SOLD AS IS AND ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS ARE EXCLUDED. NEITHER WE NOR THE CONSIGNOR OR OUR ASSOCIATES MAKE ANY REPRESENTATION, EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED WARRANTY, OR GUARANTEE IN CONDITION, SIZE, PROVENANCE, MEDIUM, SIGNATURE, INSCRIPTION, EXHIBITION (S), IMPORTANCE, RARITY, COUNTRY OR ORIGIN, AGE, GENUINENESS, SUBJECT HISTORICAL RELEVANCE, MONETARY OR OTHER VALUE, FRAMING OR LACK THEREOF, MOUNTING, CONSERVATION, COLOR (S), PALETTE, INSCRIPTION, EDITION, STYLE LABEL OR OTHER DESCRIPTOR. NO STATEMENT IN THE CATALOG, BROCHURES OR IN THE BILL OF SALE OR INVOICE OR BIOGRAPHIC INFORMATION OR STATEMENTS MADE BY THE AUCTIONEER DURING THE AUCTION OR ELSEWHERE SHALL BE DEEMED SUCH A WARRANTY OR REPRESENTATION OR AN ASSUMPTION OF LIABILITY. NO EMPLOYEE OF Jeff Robinson Auctions and Estate Sales, LLC. IS AUTHORIZED TO MAKE, ON OUR BEHALF OR THAT OF THE CONSIGNOR, ANY REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY, ORAL OR WRITTEN, WITH RESPECT TO ANY PROPERTY.
3. Buyer's obligation to inspect each item: Buyers are strongly encouraged to view all items auctioned on display if possible or to inquire regarding any items before the auction to determine the true condition and nature of any item(s) of interest. Although there is no legal requirement that each buyer inspect lots purchased before the auction, the failure to inspect may constitute a waiver of that buyer's complaint that the item was not delivered in a condition equal to the existent condition at the auction as described in section 14 of these Conditions of Sale.
4. All Sales Final: Notwithstanding any other terms of these conditions, any and all refunds shall be given at of date, and such requests must be accompanied by at least one supporting statement in writing from a recognized authority stating that the artwork sold is inauthentic. A recognized authority shall be defined as a person who has authored, edited, or substantially contributed to a monograph on the artist, a person who has curated, organized or substantially contributed to a solo exhibition on the artist, a person who has represented the artists estate or someone who represented or worked closely with the artist while they were alive and, in any of the above instances physically handled works of the period, medium and subject matter in question during the course of their duties. Please note that dealers who advertise to buy a wide range of artists, appraisers and representatives of other auction firms do not qualify as authenticators of individual artists unless they have had such specific involvement with an artists work as specified above in addition to their daily duties. Any lot in question must be returned to Jeff Robinson Auctions and Estate Sales, LLC. in the exact same condition as when sold. Please be advised that Jeff Robinson Auctions and Estate Sales, LLC. does not grant extensions to refund considerations based upon authenticity due to shipping delays. There are no exceptions to this refund policy.
5. The Right to Withdraw Lots: Jeff Robinson Auctions and Estate Sales, LLC. reserves the right to withdraw any lot before or at the sale.
6. Buyer's Premium: The purchase price payable by a buyer shall be the sum of the final bid plus a premium of 15% of the final bid price.
7. Lots Subject to a Reserve Price: Some lots in the auction are subject to a reserve, which is the confidential minimum price below which the lot will not be sold (the reserve). In no event will the reserve price exceed the low estimate. Jeff Robinson Auctions and Estate Sales, LLC. shall act to protect the reserve by bidding through the auctioneer. The auctioneer may open bidding on any lot below the reserve by placing a bid on behalf of the seller. The auctioneer may continue to bid on behalf of the seller up to the amount of the reserve, either by placing consecutive bids or by placing bids in response to other bidders. Any estimates provided by Jeff Robinson Auctions and Estate Sales, LLC. concerning a given lot, are carefully considered opinions of the cataloger and fine art staff. Any estimates given are merely suggestive guidelines for interested buyers. Buyers must be aware that paintings and art are subject to fluctuating values depending on the subjective interests of collectors and a wide variety of other uncontrollable factors. The lots auctioned may sell at prices either above or below estimates.
8. Winning Bid Constitutes an Immediate Transfer of Title: Title to the offered lot shall pass to the buyer upon the fall of the auctioneer's hammer and announcement by the auctioneer that the lot has been sold, subject to compliance by the buyer with all other Conditions of Sale. The buyer shall forthwith assume full risk and responsibility for the lot and shall pay the full purchase price or such part thereof as Jeff Robinson Auctions and Estate Sales, LLC., in its sole discretion, shall require. In addition, the buyer may be required to sign a confirmation of purchase or abide by any other financial terms that Jeff Robinson Auctions and Estate Sales, LLC. deems necessary to protect the interest of the consignors.
9. Removal of Purchased lots: All items sold may not be removed from Jeff Robinson Auctions and Estate Sales, LLC's premises, or the premises of the auction, until the buyer has paid in full the purchase price there for or has satisfied such terms, as Jeff Robinson Auctions and Estate Sales, LLC., in its sole discretion, shall require. Subject to the foregoing, all lots are to be paid for and removed from Jeff Robinson Auctions and Estate Sales, LLC's premises at the buyer's expense no later than the end of the last scheduled pickup day, and, if not so removed, Jeff Robinson Auctions and Estate Sales, LLC. may transfer any such lot to its warehouse at the risk and expense of the buyer. If a lot has not been collected during the scheduled pickup dates following the sale and Jeff Robinson Auctions and Estate Sales, LLC. does transfer the uncollected property to its warehouse, the buyer will be liable to Jeff Robinson Auctions and Estate Sales, LLC. for storage and handling charges of $10.00 per day for each lot. In addition to other remedies available by law, Jeff Robinson Auctions and Estate Sales, LLC. reserves the right to impose a late charge of 1% per month or the maximum permitted by law on the purchase price commencing on the day following the date on which payment is due if the buyer does not make payment in full in accordance with these Conditions of Sale.
10. Absent Bidders: Bids which are submitted to Jeff Robinson Auctions and Estate Sales, LLC. in writing or are otherwise left with Jeff Robinson Auctions and Estate Sales, LLC. prior to an auction for execution at or below a specified price (Absentee bids), as well as telephone bids, shall be entertained and executed by Jeff Robinson Auctions and Estate Sales, LLC. for the convenience of bidders not present at auction, but Jeff Robinson Auctions and Estate Sales, LLC. shall not be responsible for failing to execute such bids or for errors relating to our execution of such bids. Bidding on any article(s), whether in person, by agent, order bid, telephone or other means, constitutes the highest bidders acceptance of these Conditions of Sale. All absentee bids must be received by Jeff Robinson Auctions and Estate Sales, LLC. prior to the day of sale. Bidders by telephone are also encouraged to leave a cover bid in case of technical failure.
11. Applicable taxes: Unless exempted by Illinois law, the buyer shall be required to pay any applicable state and local sales tax or compensating use tax on the purchase price.
12. Buyer's Breach of Conditions of Sale: If the buyer fails to comply with any of these Conditions of Sale, Jeff Robinson Auctions and Estate Sales, LLC. may, in addition to asserting all remedies available by law, including the right to hold such defaulting buyer liable for the purchase price, (I) cancel the sale, retaining as liquidated damages any payment made by the buyer, (II) resell the property without reserve at public auction or privately on seven days notice to the buyer, or (III) take such other action as we deem necessary or appropriate. If Jeff Robinson Auctions and Estate Sales, LLC. resells the property, the original defaulting buyer shall be liable for the payments of any deficiency in the purchase price and all costs and expenses, including warehousing, the expenses of both sales, reasonable attorneys fees, commissions, incidental damages and all other charges due hereunder. In the event that such buyer pays a portion of the purchase price for any or all lots purchased, Jeff Robinson Auctions and Estate Sales, LLC. shall apply the payment received to such lot or lots that Jeff Robinson Auctions and Estate Sales, LLC., in our sole discretion, deems appropriate.
13. Governing Law, Venue and Jurisdiction: The rights and obligations of the parties with respect to the Conditions of Sale and the conduct of the auction shall be governed and interpreted by the laws of the State of Illinois. By bidding at an auction, whether present in person or by agent, by absentee bid, telephone or other means, the buyer shall be deemed to have consented to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of such state and the federal courts sitting in such state. Further, the buyer agrees that the venue for any action arising out of the failure to abide by the Conditions of Sale, or any conduct related to or arising out of the auction, shall be the St. Clair County Circuit Court, 10 Public Square, Belleville, Illinois 62220. The buyer expressly agrees that (I) neither Jeff Robinson Auctions and Estate Sales, LLC. nor the seller shall be liable, in whole or in part, for any special, indirect or consequential damages, including, without limitation, loss of profits and (II) the buyer's damages, if any, are limited exclusively to the original purchase price paid for the lot.
14. Delivery of Lots Sold: The packing and handling of purchased lots by Jeff Robinson Auctions and Estate Sales, LLC's staff after the auction is undertaken solely as a courtesy to customers. There is no charge for packing material and labor supplied to you after the sale. In no event will Jeff Robinson Auctions and Estate Sales, LLC. be liable for damage to artwork, glass or frames, regardless of cause, in connection with this free service.
Jeff Robinson Auctions and Estate Sales, LLC. may, in our discretion and as a service to buyers, arrange to have purchased lots packed, insured and forwarded at the request, expense, and risk of the buyer. Jeff Robinson Auctions and Estate Sales, LLC. assumes no responsibility for acts or omissions in such packing or shipping by other packers or carriers, nor does Jeff Robinson Auctions and Estate Sales, LLC. assume any responsibility for any damage to picture frames or to the glass therein. In circumstances Jeff Robinson Auctions and Estate Sales, LLC. arranges for such services via a 3rd party shipping agent, Jeff Robinson Auctions and Estate Sales, LLC. does not include an administration charge.
In the case of Jeff Robinson Auctions and Estate Sales, LLC. physically delivering an item to a buyer, if an item cannot be delivered in condition equal to the existent condition at the time or should any item be mis-delivered, stolen or lost prior to delivery, Jeff Robinson Auctions and Estate Sales, LLC's liability shall not exceed the amount paid by the buyer at the auction.
15. Notices, Demands and Refunds: Any demands for refunds, problems with the lot(s) sold or notices of any kind concerning the auction shall be in writing and addressed to Jeff Robinson Auctions and Estate Sales, LLC., 375 Macon Court, O'Fallon, IL 62269
16. Effect of any Unenforceable Provisions: Should any of the Conditions of Sale be deemed unenforceable by a competent court having jurisdiction, such unenforceable provision shall have no effect on the enforceability of the remaining provisions contained in the Conditions of Sale.
Seller User Terms
Bidder User Terms